Abandoned/Vacant building count
Total as of March 3, 2011: 4,908 buildings
% Change in past month: +1.9%
% Change in past six months: +6.3%
% Change in past year: +15.0%
% Change in past two years: +49.4%
% Change in past five years: +174.7%
Buildings demolished in the past 30 days
- 1551-1553 Ambrose Ave, College Hill (two-family, 1905). Severe fire damage on a condemned building.
- 1132 Atwood Ave, College Hill (single-family, 1910). Public nuisance demolition.
- 7420 Fairpark Ave, Carthage (two-family, 1885). Razed by adjacent New Jerusalem Baptist Church, which purchased the property in October 2010. No code violations.
- 1539 Knowlton St, Northside (warehouse, 1939). Vacant and dilapidated, razed by owner City of Cincinnati and likely to be incorporated into the Factory Square development.
- 3500 Burnet Ave, Avondale (commercial, 1928). Razed by Uptown Consortium and Building Value for a planned mixed-use redevelopment.
- 3403 Ibsen Ave, Oakley (single-family, 1925). Razed by the City of Cincinnati to make way for the Kennedy Connector road project.
- 3407 Ibsen Ave, Oakley (single-family, 1924). Razed by the City of Cincinnati to make way for the Kennedy Connector road project.
- 561-565 Reading Rd, Downtown (commercial, 1929). Razed by Rock Gaming LLC as part of the Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati project.
- 24 Forest Ave, Avondale (single-family, 1900). Public nuisance demolition.
- 1920 Knox St, South Fairmount (single-family, 1915). Public nuisance demolition.
- 575 Reading Rd, Downtown (warehouse, 1927). Razed by Rock Gaming LLC as part of the Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati project.
- 1915 State Ave, South Fairmount (two-family, 1900). Public nuisance demolition.
Public nuisance hearings Friday
A public hearing will be held March 25 at 9 A.M. at the Business Development and Permit Center, 3300 Central Parkway, to determine if the following buildings should be declared a public nuisance and be subject to demolition by governmental action:
- 580 Hale Ave, Avondale (two-family, 1913).
- 3118 Sunshine Ave, Westwood (single-family, 1909).
- 2805 Baker Ave, North Fairmount (single-family, 1964).
- 806 Oak St, Walnut Hills (commercial, 1885).
- 4100 Fergus St, Northside (single-family, 1888).
- 279 W McMicken Ave, Over-the-Rhine (mixed-use, 1855).
- 3161 Bracken Woods Ln, Westwood (two-family, 1941).
- 542 York St, West End (two-family, 1875).
- 1925 Vine St, Over-the-Rhine (multi-family, 1850).
- 3321 Riverside Dr, East End (single-family, 1880).
- 6259 Corbly St, Mount Washington (single-family, 1950).
- 3756 Warsaw Ave, East Price Hill (two-family, 1939).
- 1952 Kentucky Ave, Northside (single-family, 1898).
- 745 Whittier St, Avondale (single-family, 1865).
- 4099 W Eighth St, West Price Hill (three-family, 1914).
- 1049 Sunset Ave, West Price Hill (single-family, 1895).