The changes to the long-range, comprehensive plan, which was approved by OKI's board of directors in June, include:
- Air quality conformity for the addition of a northbound auxiliary lane to I-71 between OH- 562 (Norwood Lateral) and the Red Bank Expressway in Hamilton County;
- Air quality conformity for the addition of a southbound auxiliary lane to I-71 between Pfeiffer Road and OH-126 (Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway) in Hamilton County;
- The modification of the air quality analysis year for the I-275-OH 32 interchange in Clermont County;
- Removal of the Oxford Connector, between U.S. 27 and OH 73 in Butler County; and
- The addition of the Veterans Way Extension, between KY 237 and KY 18 in Boone County.
The OKI board will vote on the amended plan at its January 10 meeting.
OKI, as the metropolitan planning organization with final authority over how federal transportation funding is spent throughout the region, is legally required to update the plan every four years.
Previous reading on BC:
More than $85M awarded by OKI for regional transportation projects (8/13/12)
OKI seeking consultant for NKY traffic count (6/22/12)
OKI 2040 plan open houses come to urban core (4/19/12)
Registration open for annual meeting of OKI conservation council (3/28/11)